Industrial Effluent Treatment System (IETS) & Sludge Dryer
- Environmental Quality (Industrial Effluent) Regulation 9, Fifth schedule
- Any facilities including the effluent collection system, designed and constructed for the purpose of reducing the potential of the industrial effluent or mixed effluent to cause pollution.
- Industrial effluent means any waste in the form of liquid or wastewater generated from manufacturing process including the treatment of water for water supply or any activity occuring at any industrial premises.
- Physical – chemical process which consist of following operation units
- 1.Transfer sump2.pH adjustment/coagulation tank3.Retention tank4.Flocculation tank5.Clarifier sump
- Chemical used in the system
1.Liquid Aluminium Chloride (PAC) 10% – primary coagulant
2.Liquid Natrium Hydroxide/Caustic Soda 50% – pH stabilizer
3.DIAFLOC™ – polymer flocculant
Summary & Analysis
Based on Technical Guidance Document Series Number: DOE-IETS-1, specified in Regulation 9(a),Environmental Quality (Industrial Effluent) Regulations 2009, chapter 8 – Monitoring of Final Effluent, Table 8.1 : Priority effuent parameters for different industries. There are seven parameters under Petrochemical : T (temperature), pH, BOD5 (Biochemical Oxygen Demand, COD (Chemical oxygen demand),SS (Suspended Solid), O&G (Oil Grease), Phenolic compound.
Results from Lab Test
1. IETS shore
2. Filter Press Sludge Dryer
3. Hach DR900 Colorimeter
5. Hach DRB 200 Digital Reactor
6. COD Digestic Vials : HR ( 20-1500mg\l)
7. Bukert Flowmeter