The company recognises that the fact that “Global Environmental Preservation is indeed crucial to the well being of mankind” and based on this ideology the Company as a whole shall undertake the following measures towards the said Environmental Preservation.
Law & Regulations
While upholding the law and regulations pertaining to Environmental Protection, the Company shall restrict the use of environmentally hazardous substances and shall strive towards the prevention of environmental pollution.
Efficient Utilisation of Resources and Energy
The Company shall work towards efficient utilisation of resources through saving energy and resources and the reduction of waste material.
The Company shall work towards Environmental Protection by striving to ensure that there is minimal impact to the environment throughout all stages of our business activity.
In order to fulfil our Environmental Policy, the Company shall establish the environmental objective and goal, initiate and implement program and conduct periodic review of the program implementation for continuous improvement.
In addition to ensuring that the Environmental Policy is widely known amongst our employees, the Company shall promote awareness towards Environmental Preservation through continuous education and training activities.
The Company shall make known to external parties the above Environmental Policy.
Environmental Monitoring Committee (EMC)
a) Environmental Regulatory Compliance Monitroing Committee (ERCMC)
- Committee at Policy level
- Establish and review Environmental Policy
- Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of Environmental Policy
- Meet minimum once a year to discuss (notice of 1st meeting or minutes of the 1st meeting)
- Changes needed to the Environmental Policy
- Changes on environmental legislation and the implications to the organization
- Any expansion program and the implications to the existing resources
- Environmental improvement projects
- Major initiatives to address non-compliance issues, if any
- Procurement and purchasing policy – incorporation of environmental consideration etc.
- Proposed budget for environmental protection to Top Management.
b) Environmental Performance Monitoring Committee (EPMC)
- Committee at Operational level
- Implement environmental management systems in line with Environmental Policy
- Monitor operation and maintenance of pollution control systems, waste reduction targets, energy conservation programs etc.
- Officially appointed by the Top Management
- Meet minimum once in a quarter to discuss
- Changes in environmental legislation and the implications to the operational level
- Status of legal compliance
- Air quality performance
- Water quality performance
- Waste minimization programs
- Energy conservation programs
- Other pollution prevention programs.
Environmental Protection Facilities
Industrial Effluent Treatment System (IETS) & Sludge Dryer
- what is IETS?
- what is Dust Collector?
Scheduled Waste Storage Area
- what is Scheduled Waste Storage Area?
Mini Laboratory for IETS
- what is Mini Laboratorory for IETS?